Most passports have 2 easy options, when entering Bali:
- Visa Free say for 30 days. Can't be extended. You'll have to leave the country after 30 days.
- Visa on Arrival. $35. 30 days. Can be extended for additional 30 days. After that, you'll still have to leave the county. (Don't forget to start extending your visa 7 days before it expires.) You'll still need to do a visa run after 60 days.
You can get a visa on arrival (35 USD) in the Bali airport. Right before you go through immigration, there is a small counter in the center of the airport hall, where you can buy the visa.
I never been asked to show proof of onward travel by immigration. But always while checking in for the flight to Bali. Where I'm flying from USA, Singapore, Middle East — they always ask to show proof of onward travel. There are a few options around that:
- Buy an actual ticket back from Bali. (You'll have to go fo visa at some point anyway)
- Get a refundable ticket. (If you trust your booking provider to actually refund you money)
- Make a dummy ticket. Fake Flight Tickets provides most accurate dummy booking confirmations you can find!
Again, dont forget to actually leave the country and don't overstay. Penalty for overstaying is 300k IDR per day of overstay.